There comes a time when a teen or an adult wishes to get their first tattoo and they are too scared to go for it because they hear horrid stories about the pain caused by the needle that is drilled into their skin.
Yes, the thought is painful and it gives you jitters. However, let us tell you that there are very few parts of the body where it hurts the most while getting a tattoo. Yes, it hurts and nobody can deny that.
For some people, it is unbearable. The thought of the need drilling deep into your skin can give you nightmares but your love for tattoo shall never die. It has become a trend in today’s world. In Ancient times, the tattoo was a symbol for people belonging to a particular tribe. It was a way to show loyalty towards your clan. You wouldn’t even want to know how they got their bodies tattooed! The needle is still a better deal. If you are still afraid of the needle, we have a solution to say goodbye to the fear.
A tattoo numbing cream can help you to get a tattoo without any fear of pain. Today, we are going to tell you about the numbing creams that work efficiently and many tattoo artists use them. Sometimes we get a tattoo without thinking much because we are too young and wild to understand the relevance of a tattoo. You probably made your ex-girlfriend’s name tattoo and now, you wish to remove it. The tattoo removal process is even more painful! A numbing cream will help you to ease the pain!
If you are a tattoo artist, you should have them in your studio. We have covered everything in the review. Does the numbing cream work well? Is it worthy of the price?
Before going through the reviews of the products, let us take a quick look at the benefits of a numbing cream.
|Best Numbing Cream/Gel & Spray||Review Score(Out of 10)||Your Turn|
|HUSH Tattoo Numbing Gel |
|Non-oily Numb Master |
|Numb 520 ||9.4|
|Vasocaine Numbing Spray |
(Best Numbing Spray)
|Hustle Butter Deluxe ||9.2|
|More Numb ||9.0|
|TOPICAINE 5 ||8.7|
|Lidocaine Blue Gel Tattoo Numbing ||8.5|
|Maximum/Extra Strength Numb ||8.3|
The Added Benefits of a Numbing Cream –
- Makes tattoo removal process easy and pain-free.
- Tattoo making process becomes comfortable and it does not cause pain.
- It can be used for reducing pain caused by piercings as well.
- You can relax and sit comfortable while the tattoo artist does the job.
- The numbing creams have a lasting effect.
- There are some people who get tattoos on sensitive and private areas which can be extremely painful. Numbing cream can help!
- Stress-free tattoo making!
Also Check: Best Indoor Tanning Lotion
- Best Numbing Cream For Tattoos
- 1. HUSH anesthetic – Tattoo Numbing Gel
- 2. UberNumb :: 5% Lidocaine Topical Anesthetic Cream
- 3. Clinical Resolution Non-oily Numb Master
- 4. Numb 520 (1.35oz / 38g) 5% Lidocaine
- 5. Vasocaine Numbing Spray Painless Anesthetic Numb
- 6. Hustle Butter Deluxe – Tattoo Butter
- 7. Tattoo Cream Numbing Cream More Numb 2-3 Hours
- 8. TOPICAINE 5 – Net Weight 1/3 OZ
- 9. Lidocaine Blue Gel Tattoo Numbing Gel
- 10. Tattoo Numbing Cream – Maximum/Extra Strength Numb
- How to Apply Skin Numbing Cream?
- Useful Buying Tips
Best Numbing Cream For Tattoos
This will help you to choose the best! These reviews are for both the tattoo artist and the prospective clients, who are thinking of getting a tattoo made on their body.
1. HUSH anesthetic – Tattoo Numbing Gel
The non oily HUSH gel is used for relieving pain caused by tattoo making, piercing and tattoo removal. All these are painful processes and the pain can be reduced by using the HUSH product. The product claims that it is safe for using on all areas, including private areas. It contains aloe vera which helps in reducing the redness caused by the tattoo making. The gel is also safe on all types of skin.
- The product contains aloe vera which reduces skin inflammation.
- The product is safe for sensitive skin.
- The product can help in healing the pain and redness caused by the tattoo making or removal.
- The effects are long.
- Appling the cream is very easy.
- The effect is long but you do not feel the difference instantly. You have to apply the cream before you go for the tattoo making appointment.
It is a good product and it has received great reviews on different websites. The product lasts for about 4 hours and so, if you want to get your tattoo or piercing done, you should apply it before going to the tattoo parlour because it takes time to settle. The product is effective and it comes in a clean and attractive bottle. If you are thinking of buying it for your tattoo studio, you shall go for it because it works like a charm.
2. UberNumb :: 5% Lidocaine Topical Anesthetic Cream
When you see the packaging of this cream, you get a feeling like it has been clinically tested and comes from a medical shop. According to the company, it is a pre-treatment numbing cream which can be used for tattooing and removal of tattoos. It is a non oily crème which can be used on the external areas. It can be removed easily with water and facial cleanser. It is used by tattoo artists and other professions for temporary relief. Does the cream actually work? Yes, it does! Let us find out the pros and cons.
- Lasts up to 5 hours
- Gives relief for more number of hours
- Good for sensitive area tattoos.
- You need to apply it two hours before the appointment.
It has worked well for many people. When you go through the specifications of the product, you will feel dejected that it is not tattoo removal or reducing pain during tattoo making. However, the product is great for reducing pain and stress during the tattoo making. Many tattoo artists recommend this product and it has worked like a charm for people.
3. Clinical Resolution Non-oily Numb Master
As the name of the product suggests, it is a numbing cream which is non oily and it works wonders for reducing pain and irritation.
- It is non-oily and non-sticky which does not cause a barrier while getting the tattoo done.
- It contains 5% Lidocaine which is an important ingredient.
- It gives relief from the pain caused by tattoo making.
- There are some people, who were allergic to the ingredients of the product. Consult the doctor before using this product.
- It wears off sooner.
It is a no-brainer that you need to consult with a doctor before applying anything on your body. Some skin types are so sensitive that a cream can cause irritation. You should check with your doctor before going for this crème. It is non-oily and non sticky which is an advantage. It will help you to get a tattoo made, without any pain because it is effective. However, it does not last very long. It is great for getting a small tattoo done.
4. Numb 520 (1.35oz / 38g) 5% Lidocaine
The product is effective and it contains 5% Lidocaine. It has received good reviews as it used for numbing and for temporary relief from pain. Does it work well? According to the reviews and ratings found on different sites, it has proven to be effective. It helps in giving relief from discomfort or itching caused by getting a tattoo made. What do we think about it? Firstly, you should see the pros and cons of this product.
- Provides temporary relief from the pain.
- Gives you relief from itching and discomfort.
- Possesses 5% Lidocaine.
- It lasts for 4-5 hours.
The whole idea is to reduce pain during the tattoo making process. The product does that effortlessly! The effects are long and it does contain Lidocaine. If you want relief from the itching, discomfort and swelling, this product will help you with that. Many customers bought this product and they were satisfied with the result.
5. Vasocaine Numbing Spray Painless Anesthetic Numb
Human beings are visual creatures and they love what they see. This product looks very good as the packaging is fun and attractive. Does it work? Yes, it does! This comes in a spray bottle and all you need to do is spray it and wrap it before your tattoo appointment. It will help you to get through the process without any pain. If you are thinking of getting a large tattoo made on your back or leg, this is the product you should be buying.
- It works well to numb the area and go through the tattoo procedure with ease.
- The spray bottle is easy to use and apply to the skin.
- Some people complained that the numbing effect does not last for very long after the tattoo is made, it started hurting.
The product had mixed reviews but mostly, it was positive. It does the job of numbing the area while getting the tattoo made. However, the effects of this numbing cream do not last very long which may be a drawback for some people. Yes, it is expensive but it does the job well.
6. Hustle Butter Deluxe – Tattoo Butter
The name of the product is promising and it gives you some relief that it will work. The product is a luxurious tattoo care product which is used by many people. It will help you to prepare your skin for the tattoo making process. The cream has several benefits which makes it a superior skin numbing cream. Let us check out the pros and cons of the product in order to understand whether the product works well or not.
- Helps in reducing redness caused by tattoo making or removal.
- The product promotes healing.
- It is made with 100% Vegan Ingredients. The product has natural butter which is why it is called Hustle Butter Deluxe
- It is a premium product used for reducing pain before the tattoo making.
- It is a famous product and much-loved by the tattoo artists around the world.
Yes, it is a fantastic product that is used by many tattoo artists and people. It has wonderful ingredients such as Shea Butter, Mango, Green Tea, Coconut, Sunflower, Aloe Butter, Rice Bran Oil and Vitamin E. What else do you want? It can be used at every stage such as before getting the tattoo and even after getting the tattoo. It will help the tattoo heal and you will feel no pain while getting the tattoo. It preserves the ink colour as well. In a nutshell, it is worth the buy!
7. Tattoo Cream Numbing Cream More Numb 2-3 Hours
A mouth tattoo or an eyebrow tattoo can be extremely painful! We should stop scaring you because you have made a decision and you should go for it. Why do you have to worry? You will buy a numbing cream and you will be fine! The Tattoo Cream Numbing Cream More Numb 2-3 hours lasts for 2 to 3 hours and it is used for aesthetics. You can use it for extremely painful areas such as eyebrows or the mouth. The product comes in a fun packaging and many people use it for numbing the area.
- Numbs sensitive areas such as the mouth and the eyebrows.
- It can be used efficiently for reducing pain caused by tattoo removal as well.
- It is cost-effective.
The Tattoo Cream Numbing Cream is a well-known product and many people buy it for reducing the pain caused by tattoo making. If you wish to scare your fears away, you should buy this numbing cream. However, it lasts for 2-3 hours which is less as compared to other products.
8. TOPICAINE 5 – Net Weight 1/3 OZ
There are some products which cause itching but it is not the same case with the Topicaine 5. You do not need a prescription to buy this product. It provides temporary relief from the pain caused by tattoo removal and tattoo making. The product contains shea butter and alpha bisabolol. The recommended application time for this product is 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- It is a non-oily gel
- It does not dry up after applying
- It is a clear gel which offers temporary relief from the pain caused by tattoo making or tattoo removal
- It contains Lidocaine and possesses high absorbency
- It is on the expensive side considering the size of the tube.
There are certain creams which work well for you and there are some, which do not have any effect. This crème has been used by many customers and majority of the feedback was positive. The people, who used this product, did not feel anything while getting a tattoo done. They got a feeling that the tattoo artist is using a pencil on their skin. Should you give it a try? Yes, indeed! The product has received good ratings on many shopping sites. The product contains shea butter, aloe leaf extract, jojoba oil, water and much more. All these ingredients are great for your skin!
9. Lidocaine Blue Gel Tattoo Numbing Gel
Lidocaine is an important ingredient in a numb cream. Many tattoo artists agree to this and some of them recommend the Lidocaine Blue Anesthetic Cream Gel. There are many benefits of using this crème. Let us find out the pros and cons before you buy this product.
- It works really fast. You will get instant relief after applying this to your tattoo or before getting the tattoo.
- It reduces the swelling caused by tattooing and removal.
- Works really fast but not long. The effects do not last very long.
- The product is expensive.
It is an expensive product but it does work. Most numbing creams do not show quick effects and this product does it. If you want pain relief instantly then you should buy this product. There are people, who cannot tolerate pain very well. This product is tailor-made for them.
10. Tattoo Numbing Cream – Maximum/Extra Strength Numb
The product comes in a black container and you find it attractive by the looks of it. Just so you know, it works as good for the numbing purpose. It gives fast relief as compared to other products. It heals and reduces pain caused by the tattoo making process. The product is decently priced and it contains lidocaine as well. After getting the tattoo, you will feel the itch and irritation. If you apply this numbing cream for tattoo, you will not feel any irritation or itching.
- Reduces itching, irritating, swelling and inflammation caused by the needle used for tattoo making.
- Reduces pain while getting the tattoo made.
- It contains propolis which is important for the healing process.
- It is priced nominally.
We highly recommend this product because it is one of the best you will find in the market. If you are getting tattoo made, you will need to buy a numbing cream which lasts long. Ths is ideal for use. Make sure you wrap it before going to the tattoo parlour. It contains propolis which is very important as it heals the tattoo swelling, irritation and inflammation at a faster pace.
Hope these will help you to buy the best one! It is much needed to reduce the pain and some of the products are helpful to get pain relief even after the tattoo is made. You can use it for multiple purposes! Even piercings hurt and so, you can use these creams.
You must be wondering how to apply these creams! We will cover that as well – just for you! Take a quick look at the tips of applying numbing creams on your skin. Just follow them and you will be good to go!
How to Apply Skin Numbing Cream?
Read these tips very carefully because you want the tattoo experience to be pain-free!
- Apply the skin numbing cream an hour before the appointment. There are some creams which take time to settle.
- Wash the area where you wish to get a tattoo. You would need to wash it properly and then pat it dry with a towel.
- Apply the crème in layers. It will be more effective when you apply it generously.
- Cover the area with a plastic wrap after applying the crème.
- When you go for your appointment, you can apply another layer 30 minutes before to get maximum results.
- It is advisable not to wash it off till your tattoo artist tells you to do so.
Useful Buying Tips
How to buy the numbing cream for tattoo?
- Buy a product which contains Lidocaine.
- Buy a product which is non-oily gel.
- Always read reviews before buying a product. When you are buying a product on a shopping site, you will find the reviews as well.
- Buy a product which says that lasts long.
Words from the Wise
We hope the reviews and tips helped you to make a wise decision. Yes, we all love tattoos and we admire it on other people. However, you should not dream of it and just get it done. Now that you know about the secret of a skin numbing cream and its brilliant effects, you should not be scared at all. It is time to say goodbye to your needle fears because you will probably feel ticklish after the needle comes in contact with your skin.
The products mentioned above work well on your skin and they will surely work for you. From our experience, we can tell you that most of the creams work well and they help you to overcome the fear of needles. It is such a great invention! You should choose the best cream and it is not such an expensive buy! It will be an investment. Once you use it, you would like to buy it again for your next tattoo. So, book an appointment and buy a good numbing cream. Choose a fantastic design and get it done!