This is the one thing that every single woman should know. How to apply foundation correctly. The problem is that you should not only know how to apply the foundation correctly, but you should also know how to choose the right foundation for you, and the type of foundation that is best for your skin tone.
These are all really important things to know about the foundation. From the reason why, it is important to apply the foundation correctly, to how to apply the different foundations. And, tips that you need to know so that your foundation is flawless.
The importance of applying foundation correctly
There are people that are just applying foundation, without worrying about using the correct method. This might be because they don’t know the importance of applying it correctly. Or, they think that it doesn’t matter because other makeup is going on top anyway.
However, there are really many reasons on why you should know how to apply foundation correctly. Did you know that if you are applying it incorrectly, it can increase your chance of getting wrinkles easier? And, everyone can see if you did apply it incorrectly.
You will have stripes all over your face, and it might be a lot darker than what it needs to be. Or, even worse, you might look like a ghost. The foundation of your makeup is essential. The type that you are using and the method that you are using to apply it. Without the correct foundation, your makeup will look like a mess.
Choose the right foundation first
Before you can know how to apply it correctly, you need to make sure that you know how to choose the right foundation for your skin tone, first. This is one of the biggest mistakes that women are making. They don’t make sure that they are choosing the right tone.
They don’t think that it is necessary. However, this is the base of your makeup and you need to have the right tone for your face. Here are a couple of tips on how you can choose the right foundation before you can learn how to apply it correctly.
- You need to find a shade that is just a little bit lighter than your skin color. It is recommended that you are testing it before you purchase your foundation.
- There are people that can assist you in-store to find the right shade for you. They have testers that they can test on you. But then you need to make sure that you don’t have any makeup on. Or, the shade will not be suitable for your skin.
- You can ask for testers to take home. There, you can test them and find the shade that is just lighter than your skin tone. Then, you will know that the shade is perfect for you.
- Don’t ever just guess what color you should choose. The chance that you are going to choose the wrong one is high.
How to apply foundation for beginners
You are a beginner in applying foundation and makeup. However, no matter how hard you are trying, you just don’t get it right. You should not worry about it. With this guide, you will see that it is actually really easy to apply foundation liquid correctly, without you looking like a clown.
- Wash your face and prepare it for foundation and makeup. This will make sure that you are getting rid of oil and dirt from your face. Make sure that you are using the right skincare products for your skin type. With the wash, you should also add a moisturizer before you start with your foundation.
- Your first makeup layer should be a primer. This is to hide all those problem areas on your skin. The puffy eyes, and the pimple that is showing. The primer should also be the right shade according to your skin color. Don’t think that the darker it is, the better it is going to prime.
- Now, you start adding your foundation. A small amount on a time. You are adding the foundation on your forehead, under the eyes, on your nose, and on your chin. Now, you are spreading the foundation, by going outwards, in a circular motion. Be gentle with the way you are spreading the foundation. Here you can use a brush, a sponge or even your fingers.
- Use a tool like a brush or sponge and blend your foundation in your face. You don’t want to have stripes that are showing your foundation on your skin. It should be even and not too heavy.
- The concealer is the next thing that you are applying to your problem areas. Yes, people are getting confused between a primer and a concealer. They are both essential to use if you want to hide your problem areas in your face.
- The last thing that you need to do now, is to add the setting powder to your face. This should be added with the right type of brush.
How to apply cream foundations
The great thing about the foundation is that you can choose between different types of foundation. Liquid and cream foundations are the most popular to use. The great thing about the cream foundation is that it is easier to apply correctly, and you can take it with you. Wherever you are going. Here is how you are going to apply cream foundation.
Step 1 and 2 is the same as the guide for adding liquid foundation on, for beginners. It is wash, and prime correctly.
- You are going to use the cream foundation with a sponge to add it to your face. Don’t use too much foundation at a time. The sponge should be a makeup sponge that is soft and gentle on your skin. You should blend the foundation from the inside outwards.
- Blending the foundation with a brush. Making sure that the foundation is spread evenly and there isn’t any part of your skin that is showing through the foundation. There shouldn’t be any patches of foundation seeable on your skin.
- The last thing that you should do, is to add some powder to your face. Using a clean foundation brush. This is a step that people are forgetting, but it is essential to make sure that your foundation is lasting.
How to apply foundation with a brush
Applying foundation with a foundation brush can be giving you a much better end result. However, this is only going to be possible if you know how to apply it with a brush correctly.
There are a couple of things that you really need to know about applying your foundation with a brush. With this information, you will know for sure that you are going to apply the foundation correctly, using a brush.
- You need to add some foundation to the back of your hand. You don’t use it directly from your foundation bottle. This is going to result in you using too much foundation.
- Pick up a small amount of foundation from the back of your hand. Start off, with just a small amount of foundation. Start patching it under the eyes, the forehead, nose, and chin. Here you use downward strokes to apply the foundation correctly.
- You can use the tip of the brush where there is still foundation to add some makeup to the hard to reach places, like around your ears, and over your nose.
The one thing that you should make sure about, is that you should use the right type of brush for adding the foundation with a brush. This is the one major mistake that people are making when it comes to using a brush for adding foundation.
What brushes to use for liquid foundation
This is a huge beginner problem. There are so many different types of brushes that you can use, that it is hard to find one that is going to be best for the foundation.
Especially, when it comes to liquid foundation. This is why you should make sure that you have all the right brushes before you start applying your foundation. These are the brushes that you will need to use for your liquid foundation.
- Beauty blender brush. This is the brush that actually has a small sponge on the tip of the brush. There aren’t any bristles on. This is the most important brush that you should have when you are using liquid foundation. You can wet the brush before adding foundation to make it spread more evenly.
- Flat-top foundation brush. Another brush that is ideal for liquid and cream foundation. You can use this brush to get more coverage on the hard to reach places, or where you might need a bit more foundation as on other areas.
- Tapered Foundation Brush. If you don’t want to use the beauty blender brush for applying the foundation to your skin, then you should have the Tapered foundation brush for sure. This is a great brush and recommended for applying foundation all over your face.
- Rounded Kabuki Brush. This is the large brush that everyone knows and uses. This is the brush that you are using at the end of applying your foundation. To blend your foundation and to give it the finish appearance.
So, if you are thinking about applying liquid foundation with brushes, then these four brushes are the most important brushes that you should have. You can ask a professional if you don’t know how these brushes look like.
Other tips that you need to know when you start applying foundation
Besides these guides, there are still a couple of things about applying foundation that you might not know about. Or, that you know about, but don’t find essential. These are just as important as knowing how to apply the foundation correctly.
- The lighter foundation is much better than the darker ones. You might think that the darker you are going the more it will hide all your problem areas in your face. However, this isn’t the truth.
- The lighting area where you are putting on your makeup. The light should shine from your back. This is the only way that you can make sure that you are adding your foundation smoothly and evenly all over your face. If the light is shining on your left, your one side will be a darker shade as the other side. The amount of light that you have for adding foundation is essential.
- If you want to find the right shade foundation for you, then you should test it on your jaw or on your chest. Don’t test it on your arms, hands or neck. The palm of your hand doesn’t have the same tone as your skin, and you can purchase the wrong shade.
- Your skin type. You need to know if you have an oily skin, dry skin or a combination skin. This is essential because you need to purchase a foundation that will match your skin type. You don’t want to add an oily foundation on your skin if you are struggling with an already oily skin.
- The one thing that you should not do is to rub foundation on your face. This is going to damage your skin and give you wrinkles. Dubbing is the best method to use when you are applying foundation to your skin.
- If you are using a blender sponge, you should make sure that you are cleaning it thoroughly after using it. You don’t want to get facial infections, because of using a filthy brush.
How to apply your foundation correctly? This is a question that many women have. With this guide, you will know for sure that you are going to make use of the right method.
It doesn’t matter if you are going to make use of liquid foundation, cream foundation or powder foundation. It is really important to make sure that you are using the right method to get the best results. And, to have a professional looking makeup throughout the day.