The appearance of wrinkles on your forehead can drive you crazy especially when you are a young person. It is important to note that forehead wrinkles happen to everyone, young and old.
The good news is that there are a some natural remedies to get rid of them. These remedies are mild and have little or no side effects. Before using any of these remedies, make sure your skin is clean and free from make-up.
Why does the skin wrinkle?
Wrinkles appear with age, which is a natural process. As people age, their skin thins, gets drier, and becomes less elastic. This causes wrinkling on the skin. However, some people develop wrinkles at a young age.
Repeated facial expressions such as smiling, squinting and frowning can create lines on the face because each time one uses a muscle, a groove forms under the skin which becomes permanent with time. Environmental factors such as exposure to ultraviolet rays can also cause wrinkling. Regular smoking and excessive drinking of alcohol dehydrate the skin causing it to wrinkle.
More: Best Face Wash For Acne
How to get rid of Forehead Wrinkles
Coconut oil is known to contain antioxidants that prevent free radicals from accumulating on the skin, forming wrinkles. It is also a good moisturizer and prevents skin dehydration.
- Massage coconut oil on the skin for about 5 minutes.
- Repeat this procedure every night before you sleep.
Olive oil contains anti-aging, antioxidants and hydrating properties that make it a good skin care product. Unlike other moisturizers, it does not clog your skin but penetrates deep into it and cleanses it.
- spread some few drops of olive oil on the skin and massage for about 10-15 minutes.
- Repeat this every night before you retire to bed.
Buttermilk is packed with lactic acid and milk protein that help to remove dead cells from the skin giving it a smooth texture.
- Set aside a mixture of saffron and buttermilk for about 30 minutes.
- Gently massage the mixture on your forehead and leave it for about 25 minutes.
- Do this on a daily basis.
It contains proteolytic enzymes, beta-carotene and vitamins C and E which give it its anti-aging properties. It is also a good moisturizer.
- Apply Aloe Vera on your hand and rub it on your forehead.
- Leave it on until it dries.
- Rinse thoroughly with clean water.
- Make this a daily routine.
It contains anti-inflammatory and antioxidant components that give your skin a natural glow.
- Mix one tablespoon of turmeric and honey to form a thick paste.
- Smear the mixture to your face and let it settle for about 15 minutes then rinse thoroughly with clean cold water.
- Repeat this procedure once or twice a week.
Drinking pomegranate juice has a myriad of benefits on the skin. Its peel contains antioxidants which are released in large amounts when the fruit is squeezed. It can be made into a thick paste and applied on the skin. It slows down the process of aging by reducing wrinkles.
- Mix one tablespoon of ground pomegranate seeds with one tablespoon of organic honey.
- Apply the paste on your forehead and leave it on for half an hour.
- Rinse thoroughly with cold water.
- Repeat this procedure approximately three times a week.
It contains vitamin E which helps renew dead cells on the skin. It also moisturizes it. For women, it contains phytoestrogens which boost the production of estrogen. Estrogen slows the appearance of wrinkles on the face. Soy milk also scavenges free radicals on the skin and cleanses it.
- Apply soy milk on your face and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- For best results, repeat this twice or thrice a week.
These include limes, lemons, grapefruits, and oranges. Their vitamin C content is humongous. This vitamin helps to fight the activities of free radicals, which prevents aging. It clears the skin of any blemishes and slows the appearance of fine lines. It also prevents damage by the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun. They contain citric acid which fights bacteria and pathogens on the skin giving it a smooth shine. Orange peels, for example, are effective exfoliants to get rid of dead skin cells.
- Include a citrus fruit in most meals.
- Cut one citrus fruit in half.
- Squeeze the juice on your face and leave it for approximately 5 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water.
- Repeat this daily for unbeatable results.
It contains antioxidant properties that help to protect the skin against ultraviolet radiation. Almond oil has a smooth texture making it easy to absorb into the skin. Due to its vitamin A content, it could help to prevent future appearance of acne. It contains vitamins E and K which help to renew the skin cells thus slowing down the process of aging. These vitamins improve blood circulation and maintain skin elasticity by countering degeneration of collagen fibers.
- use cotton wool to apply it on the face.
- Leave it on for about three minutes.
- Wipe it off gently with a fresh cotton ball.
- Repeat this daily before going to bed.
- You can also make a facial scrub with sugar and almond oil to remove dead cells.
- Scrubbing is recommended once, twice or thrice a week depending on your skin type.
It contains fatty acids that help to restore the skin’s moisture. It has anti-bacterial properties, proteins, vitamin E and omega 6, all responsible for healthy skin. It penetrates into the skin and promotes the production of collagen which hydrates the skin and makes it elastic. It also rejuvenates the skin making it smoother and softer.
- Use steam to open pores.
- Apply castor oil to the wrinkles in circular motions.
- Leave it overnight and rinse it off in the morning.
- Do this daily to achieve maximum benefits.
It is a natural antiseptic and is used in anti-aging treatment. It contains minerals and vitamins such as b5, b2, b3, and calcium. It also locks moisture in the skin and makes it stay hydrated.
- Apply a layer of natural honey on your forehead and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Do this daily.
Consuming flaxseed oil detoxifies your body from within and helps to reduce blemishes. The proteins and fatty acids in flaxseed slow down the process of aging. Flaxseed oil is also beneficial for skin rehydration. When this oil is used on the skin, it helps to rejuvenate skin cells and improve elasticity and texture.
- To ingest flaxseed oil, add a tablespoon of grounded flax seeds in whatever smoothie you make.
- Take a tablespoon of flaxseed oil with your breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- To use it externally, apply directly on wrinkles when the skin is still damp.
Facial exercises can help in removing forehead wrinkles.
- Lie flat on a bed as your head swings upside down at the edge of the bed.
- Raise your eyebrows as high as possible and open your eyes wide. Do this for 5 minutes and then relax.
- Do this five times a day.
- Grip your brow bone gently with your thumb and index finger.
- Raise your eyebrows and use your fingers to restrict your skin from pulling upwards.
- Repeat this ten times a day.
- Lower your eyebrows to the furthest and wrinkle your face. This exercise may look funny but it is pretty good.
- Repeat this exercise 5 times each day.
Which anti-forehead wrinkles product is the best?
All natural remedies are effective in getting rid of forehead wrinkles. They are mild and do not cause side effects.
What are the types of wrinkles?
Nasolabial wrinkles: These are lines that appear between the corners of the mouth and the sides of the nose.
- Eye wrinkles: These appear under the eye.
- Frown lines: These appear on the forehead and between the eyebrows.
- Marionette lines: These are vertical lines that appear on the chin.
- Crows feet: These occur on the outer corners of the eye.
- Atrophic crinkling rhytids: They appear parallel to each other on the face and disappear when the skin is stretched taut. They worsen with exposure to the sun.
- Gravitational folds: These folds occur as a result of the effect of gravity. They become more obvious as one progresses in age.
How long after using natural remedies to my wrinkles should I start noticing the results?
Natural remedies work slowly on the skin to give best results and call for a lot of patience
Can all skin types be treated using natural remedies?
Natural remedies are suitable for all skin types. All you need to do is adjust the frequency in which you use them depending on your skin type. For example, if you have dry skin, you should not leave lemon juice on your face for too long as it will deprive the skin of its natural oils.
For how long should you use these remedies?
These remedies are recommended for daily use to prevent the wrinkles from reappearing.