Self-tanning is a tempting and efficient practice that becomes more and more popular each year. You can go from a pale shade to a bronzed one very fast and safe for your skin by applying the right self-tanner for you. But if you are new to the fake tan practice, you might find it challenging to get the best self-tanner for sensitive skin.
However, by following this guide, you should be able to identify which product is best for you and how to make the most out of it. So, keep reading if you want to have the tan that you always dreamed for!
- Quick List of Self Tanner for Sensitive Skin
- What you need to know about fake tan
- Best Self Tanner for Sensitive Skin
- 1. Famous Dave’s Tanner Organic & Natural Self Tanner
- 2. Self Tanner Natural Ingredients Sunless Tanning Lotion
- 3. Self Tanner Organic & Natural, 8 oz Face & Body
- 4. Control Your Glow Gradual Sunless Tanning Lotion
- 5. Miami Gorgeous Self Tanning Mousse
- 6. Self Tanner Lotion Tan Overnight Instant Tint
- 7. Self Tanner, Natural Sunless Tanning Lotion
- Important FAQs About Fake Tan
Quick List of Self Tanner for Sensitive Skin
Here are the top products featured on this list, Linked to Amazon:
- Famous Dave’s Tanner Organic & Natural Self Tanner
- Self Tanner Natural Ingredients Sunless Tanning Lotion
- Self Tanner Organic & Natural, 8 oz Face & Body
- Control Your Glow Gradual Sunless Tanning Lotion
- Miami Gorgeous Self Tanning Mousse
What you need to know about fake tan
As popular as the fake tan is, you need to know certain aspects before diving into this beauty practice. If it is done right, there are only benefits to get from it. But with the market offering so many options of self-tanners, you might need to do your research before investing in one.
Knowing what you apply on your skin is important for both the tan quality and the healthy aspect. Here are the most important aspects that you definitely have to consider before starting a self-tanning routine!
Get a self-tanner that works for your skin
- There are many options to go for in terms of finding the perfect self-tanner.
- From chemical-based ones to those made out of organic ingredients.
- Also, you will see that some lotions are intended to be used by people with different types of skin.
- The best choice you can make is a self-tanner made of natural ingredients and hypoallergenic.
- Check to see if it is recommended for sensitive skin as those are the safest to use by all customers.
- If you get a product that is recommended by doctors is even better and there are many such quality self-tanners on the market.
Follow the instructions before applying it
Reading and following the instructions that come with your self-tanner can save you from a lot of unwanted side effects. The manufacturer will make sure to let you know how to apply the product, on what body parts to use it and how long it takes to get absorbed into your skin.
All these details are crucial for your final result. You risk a lot by applying your self-tanner on body parts that it wasn’t intended for. So, pay attention to the instructions and follow them by word.
Don’t overdo it even if it might be tempting
We all like to have a nice golden color to our skin. Some of us like it more than others and it can be very tempting to exaggerate. One shade leads to another and before you know it, you will end up with a completely different skin tone than you were aiming to achieve.
This would be a waste of time and money so give your self-tanner time to take action before applying it again. Also, try to get used to each shade the darker your skin gets because you might realize that there is no need to reapply it.
Best Self Tanner for Sensitive Skin
Choosing a self-tanner is not always an easy job but it is definitely worth to keep looking for the one that compliments your skin’s needs the best. By not compromising when it comes to these products, you will be amazed of the results you will be able to enjoy.
If you follow this shopping guide you will find that choosing the right product is not so difficult as long as you pay attention to the type of skin you have and the type of ingredients that go along with it. Stay focused on the health of your skin as much as you stay focused on the beauty of it because you really can’t have one without the other!
1. Famous Dave’s Tanner Organic & Natural Self Tanner
Famous Dave’s Tanner is made of organic ingredients and it is FDA certified. Among its ingredients, you will find Organic Argan Oil, Sesame, CoEnzyme Q10, and Organic Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Jojoba oil, as well as Hyaluronan. This self-tanner is recommended for all types of skin since it is made of natural ingredients and shouldn’t generate any unpleasant side effects.
Some of the main advantages of using Famous Dave’s self-tanner is that your skin will turn the perfect shade of gold that you want without getting an orange color. This product is also made without paraben and it has some anti-aging properties that your skin will love! You can also rely on it for its moisturizing properties that enrich the surface of your skin with all the nutrients it needs.
2. Self Tanner Natural Ingredients Sunless Tanning Lotion
Another self-tanner based on organic ingredients is the Beauty by Earth product. You can use it safely all over your body and face as well and the results will be stunning. The ingredients that made this self-tanner so popular are Coconut oil, Shea butter, Aloe Vera, Jojoba oil, Argan oil, and Green Tea.
All these ingredients mixed together create a great formula for your skin. Since it is chemical free, you take no risks by using this cream and you will end up with the tan that you want without burning your skin at all.
There is no orange effect and the tan obtained by using this self-tanner is as natural as it can look. Plus, this cream is a great moisturizer and anti-aging lotion so you will not only make your skin look great but also help it be healthy for a long time.
3. Self Tanner Organic & Natural, 8 oz Face & Body
Bahama Tan is one of those natural self-tanners that you will want to use all over again. It works just as great for your body and face so there is no reason to not enjoy it to its maximum potential. And you will find it easy to spread it in a uniform way over your skin, without having to face unaesthetic lines.
You can get a tan that is as dark as you want it to be and not risk having any side effects appearing on your skin because this product contains no toxic chemicals.
It is only made of natural oils and herbal extracts without any paraben, alcohol or petrochemicals. You will find all the instructions to use this lotion the right way inside the package, so you get the most out of it every time you apply it on your skin.
4. Control Your Glow Gradual Sunless Tanning Lotion
This new self-tanner will become one of your favorite products as soon as you start using it, thanks to all its benefits. It is a natural body lotion made of organic ingredients that will work in favor of your skin. You can use this to get the shade of gold that you want while you make sure that all your skin’s needs are being met as well.
Since it has no chemicals or dangerous ingredients, you can use it all over your body including your feet and face. And you can enjoy your tan all year round without the need to sunbath or use any other artificial products.
Among the ingredients of this self-tanner, you will find sunflower seed oil, shea butter, babassu oil and many other vitamins that are necessary for the natural health of your skin.
5. Miami Gorgeous Self Tanning Mousse
Even if this body lotion that works as a great self-tanner comes at a budget-friendly price, it also has premium quality. Argan oil and coconut oil are the main ingredients of this product and they work together perfectly to create one of the best self-tanner lotions on the market.
You can use one bottle for 10 to 12 full body tans and this lotion is easily absorbed into the skin so you will not have to wait more than a couple of minutes.
The shade of gold you will get will look as natural as possible, not an orange shade that other self-tanners might give you. And to make this product even better, it is ECO certified, was not tested on animals and contains no paraben or toxic ingredients.
6. Self Tanner Lotion Tan Overnight Instant Tint
You can purchase this self-tanner in 3 different sizes according to your needs and preferences, from a 2 oz. bottle to an 8 oz one and even a 32 oz one. And you definitely save more money if you purchase the big bottle so, in the long run, it is a well-done investment.
By using this product, you make sure that your skin has exactly the color that you want it to have but also it gets all the nutrients that it needs in order to maintain its natural elasticity.
With this natural formula that is based on organic ingredients, you enjoy a self-tanner lotion that is toxic free and paraben free. Your skin will look revitalized and healthy all year round by simply applying this body lotion. This is a product recommended by doctors and used by celebrities which increases its reliability.
7. Self Tanner, Natural Sunless Tanning Lotion
This is not only a great self-tanner but also a great source of vitamin E and shea butter. Both of these ingredients, along with the rest of the natural ones, are going to feed your skin and keep it looking young for a longer time. You can achieve any shade of gold you want by applying this body lotion all over your skin and let it get absorbed for just a matter of minutes.
And it will not harm any type of sensitive skin because it is created to accommodate all your needs without any risks. This product contains no artificial fragrances and it is hypoallergenic, so you can be sure that you will not develop any unpleasant side effects from it.
Important FAQs About Fake Tan
Self-tanner allergy symptoms
The most common complication that self-tanning might challenge you with is an allergy. You can develop such an allergic reaction on certain areas of your skin or even all over your body.
These types of reactions tend to be very specific to each individual but you might get one or more of the following symptoms: itchiness, redness, the aspect of irritated skin or even a very uncomfortable mild painful feeling.
If you notice any of these symptoms you will need to contact your dermatologist as soon as possible and follow the required treatment they give you.
More: Indoor Tanning Lotion
What can you do if you discover that you are allergic to a self-tanner
If you did develop an allergic reaction to some self-tanner, chances are that you have sensitive skin and you need to take the right measures to fix the side effects generated by the allergy in order to be able to enjoy self-tanning again.
- First of all, you need to remove all the lotion of your skin and clean it properly
- Consult your doctor for appropriate treatment so that your skin is gaining its natural qualities
- Stop using the product that generated the skin allergy, to begin with and turn your attention towards self-tanners that are labeled as “hypoallergenic”
- And last but not least, make sure that you keep proper hygiene as you enjoy your self-tanner because sometimes you need to adapt your daily routine to this type of product and introduce it properly
What is the best face self-tanner for acne prone skin
If you do have sensitive facial skin that is prone for acne you need to pay extra attention to the type of self-tanner you use. Luckily, that is very easy as long as you consider the following features a good self-tanner should have in order to not harm your face skin.
- Try to get a self-tanner that is made of organic ingredients and it contains fewer mineral oils that can add to the oils which are already on your face.
- Try to find a self-tanner created for acne skins and use it not only as a self-tanner but also as an acne treatment.
- Apply for an anti-breakout SPF protection before you apply your self-tan in order to increase the protection that your skin needs.
Use a self-tanner that is recommended for your face because these are made to protect your skin and avoid breakouts as much as possible.