When you are searching or considering purchasing a curling iron, you might realize that it can be hard to find one for thick hair. It is important to make sure that you are purchasing one that is best for your thick hair.
You don’t want to waste money by purchasing something that you can’t use or that can damage your hair.
This is why you should make sure that you are going to know everything there is to know about buying a curling iron for your thick hair. To make sure that you are getting value for money, and to know that you won’t damage your hair.
- Quick List of Top Curling Iron
- Best Curling Irons for Thick Hair
- 1. Sultra The Bombshell Rod Curling Iron
- 2. BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Spring Curling Iron
- 3. Xtava 5 in 1 Professional Curling Iron and Wand Set
- 4. BIO IONIC Goldpro Curling Iron
- 5. T3 – Whirl Trio Interchangeable Styling Wand
- 6. Remington CI96X1B T Ceramic Wide Styling Wand
- 7. NuMe Classic Curling Wand
- 8. KIPOZI Curling Iron 1inch Pro Ceramic PTC Heating Hair Curling iron
- 9. INFINITIPRO BY CONAIR Curl Secret
- 10. Xtava Twist Curl Curling Wand
- Things to consider before you are purchasing your curling iron
- How to use the curling iron correctly
Why is choosing the right curling iron for thick hair so important?
This is the first thing that you might be wondering about. Why is it so important to make sure that you are choosing the right curling iron for your hair type? There are a huge variety of curling irons. Some are better for thick hair, while others are better for fine hair or short hair.
The reason why you should make sure that your curling iron will work on your thick hair is damage. And, to have success with curling your hair according to your likings. Thick hair is taking longer to curl. Meaning that you can damage your hair easier. Or, you can struggle to get the right type of curl.
Quick List of Top Curling Iron
Here are the best products for your hair type, linked to Amazon:
- Sultra The Bombshell Rod Curling Iron
- BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Spring Curling Iron
- Xtava 5 in 1 Professional Curling Iron
- BIO IONIC Goldpro Curling Iron
- T3 – Whirl Trio Interchangeable Styling Wand
The moment that you are purchasing one that is perfect for thick hair, you will be able to get the perfect curls, in the shortest possible time. Limited the damage to your hair.
What features should you look for when purchasing a curling iron for your thick hair?
Before you can start looking for your curling iron, there are a couple of features that you need to look for. Features that are important to know about. The better the features, the better the value for money you are going to get.
People tend to look at the price of the curling iron, and not about the features. This can lead to serious problems. This is why you should make sure that you are looking at these features when you are purchasing your first curling iron for your thick hair.
- The type of material that the curling iron is made off. Some materials are a lot more damaging to hair than others. This is why you should make sure that you know what type of material the curling iron is, and which material is best. Ceramic and gold curling irons are known to be the best on the market at the moment. If you have thick hair, the gold curling iron is the most recommended one.
- The barrel size is also really important to consider. The smaller the barrel size, the thinner the hair should be. Meaning that if you have thick hair, you should consider making use of the 1¼inch to 1½inch barrel.
- The clip type. This is normally where you are going to damage your hair if you don’t have the curling iron with the best clip. The clip is where you are clipping your hair into, to ensure that you are going to be able to curl your hair.
- Heat setting. There are some curling irons that don’t make use of heat settings. It just has one setting that you can use. However, this isn’t the recommended curling iron to purchase. You want to have a curling iron that has heat settings that you can adjust according to the thickness of your hair.
- Know the difference between the curling iron and the curling wand. People don’t really know the difference, and this can mean that they are purchasing the wrong one.
Best Curling Irons for Thick Hair
Because of the variety curling irons that you can find, it can be hard to know which curling irons you can consider. With reviews, you are going to get an idea about the iron that you can purchase to get value for money. These are some of the reviews of the best curling irons that you can choose for thick hair.
1. Sultra The Bombshell Rod Curling Iron
The great thing about the Sultra curling iron is that it is making use of Advanced Care ceramic technology that is protecting your hair against damage and burns. It provides all even heat, to make sure that there aren’t any cold spots on the curling iron.
The curling iron is great for all hair types. Even, if you have thick and long hair. The curling iron comes with the styling glove and the iron pad for protection against the heat. It heats up rapidly and has a safety shut off for protection against overheating.
2. BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Spring Curling Iron
The great thing about the BaBylossPRO is the fact that you can purchase the curling iron in different barrel sizes. So, you can really purchase the one that is going to be ideal for your thick hair.
You can adjust the heat setting, up to 450°F. There is a turbo heat booster that you can use to heat the curling iron a lot faster. This is for the days that you are in a hurry. The barrel is made from titanium and ceramic. Quality that will ensure that your hair isn’t getting damaged that easily. The clip on the curling iron is old-school and really easy to use.
3. Xtava 5 in 1 Professional Curling Iron and Wand Set
This is what you called value for money. This is because when you are purchasing the Xtava professional curling iron, you are going to get different barrel sizes with the curling iron. Making sure that you are getting the curls that you are looking for. And, as a bonus, you are also going to get the heat protected glove as well.
This is why this is a great curling iron that you can purchase for your thick hair. You can practice each barrel size until you find the right one for your thick hair. You can choose between 9 different setting, and the cord can twirl 360 degrees. Making it even easier to use. This curling iron is great value for money.
4. BIO IONIC Goldpro Curling Iron
Having a gold curling iron is always beneficial. This is because it doesn’t damage your hair at all. And, it is ideal for long, thick hair. This is why the BIO IONIC Goldpro Curling Iron is a great iron if you have thick hair.
It has a heat setting that you can adjust to your preferred heat that will curl your hair best. It is a real gold curling iron that is quality and durable. The iron is made from 24K Gold Ceramic Mineral Complex. The reason for the gold is that it is heated evenly.
The reason why so many people are purchasing this curling iron is that it is giving your hair shine as well, while you are curling your hair. Making sure that your hair is staying healthy. There aren’t many curling irons that are making your hair shine, while you are using the iron. But, this is exactly what you are going to get, with this curling iron.
5. T3 – Whirl Trio Interchangeable Styling Wand
One tool, but with three different barrel sizes. This is what you are calling, something that will be perfect for every woman. This is a professional interchangeable styling wand that is made from a custom blend ceramic wand.
It comes with a 1-hour auto switch off, for preventing overheating. You are getting a heat-resistant glove as well. Making sure that you don’t burn your hand while you are working. The T3 comes with 5 different heat settings. You will be able to adjust the setting according to your hair’s needs.
It is designed with the latest technology that will ensure that even heating is a priority. Your hair will not be cold at the one side, but burning on the other side. It is easy to use and, really easy to replace the different barrels.
6. Remington CI96X1B T Ceramic Wide Styling Wand
Another curling iron that you can purchase for use with your thick hair is the Remington CI96X1B Studio Silk Ceramic Wide Styling Wand, Curling Wand, 1-1 1/2 Inch Barrel. This is the iron that you want to use if you want tight curls. Especially, on thick and hard to curl hair.
It comes with adjustable heat setting that is showing the heating temperature digitally. The curling iron comes with a 4-year warranty. You are going to get the heat protection glove with the iron. Protecting your hand from burning.
7. NuMe Classic Curling Wand
The NuMe classic curling wand is another great iron for thick hair. Something that you can consider for sure. The barrel is made from 100% tourmaline ceramic. It also makes use of far infrared heat. It can heat up to 410°F in minutes. A great heat that won’t damage your hair.
This is a clipless design that isn’t going to leave marks on your curls. However, this can make curling a bit harder. Included with the curling iron, you are going to get the heat-resistant glove as well. Making sure that you don’t burn yourself. A problem that many has reported is the fact that it doesn’t have a heat setting. However, because the heat is at a great temperature, this isn’t something serious to worry about.
8. KIPOZI Curling Iron 1inch Pro Ceramic PTC Heating Hair Curling iron
Are you looking for a PTC & ceramic coating curling iron that is warming up in no time? Then you should make sure that you are looking at the KIPOZI curling iron. The iron is preventing frizz when curling your hair.
The curling iron can reach 450F in only 60seconds for smooth and fast curling. There are 6 temperature settings for all hair types to be curled correctly and safety. With this curling iron, you are going to have an extra long barrel. Making sure that even long, thick hair can be curled fast and correctly. It also comes with a safety stand to make sure that it doesn’t damage your table where you are working on. The best part is that this curling iron is actually really cheap.
9. INFINITIPRO BY CONAIR Curl Secret
Something completely different than the normal curling iron is the INFINITIPRO BY CONAIR Curl Secret. This doesn’t work like a normal curling iron and it doesn’t really work the same as well. This is a lot easier and more successful to make use of this curl secret.
It can also create loose, tight or medium curls. Ideal for longer, thicker hair. This is something that is still relatively new, but this is new technology that is making life easier. It is made from Tourmaline Ceramic technology and 400°F is the highest heat that you can get. Meaning that there is no way that you can damage your hair.
10. Xtava Twist Curl Curling Wand
The Xtava Twist Curl Curling Wand has a large barrel that is making this ideal for thick hair. The thicker the hair, the larger the barrel should be. It has a digital temperature control that is able to set the heat up to 410ºF.
When you are purchasing this curling iron, you are going to get the travel case and the heat-resistant glove with the iron. Making it easier to use. It has an auto-off switch and is able to protect your hair against damage. Even, if the barrel is large, you can still use it when you have fine hair. This is what is making this curling iron so special. It can be used on all hair types.
Things to consider before you are purchasing your curling iron
You might have thick hair, but there are still a couple of things that you should consider when you are purchasing your first iron. You know by now, that there are certain curling irons that are better than some, for thick hair. However, there are still some things that you should consider.
- Your budget. What is your actual budget? You need to know that the more expensive the curling iron is, the better value you are going to get. However, this doesn’t mean that you should only purchase the most expensive one on the market. It is just not recommended to purchase the cheapest possible one.
- The type of curls that you want. You will know that the bigger the barrel size, the better for thick hair. However, it also depends on the type of curls that you want. If you want to have wavy hair, then the larger barrel will work better. However, if you want to have fine curls that are going to last all day, then you should consider the smaller barrels. You are just going to take longer to curl your hair.
- How long your hair might be. The shorter your hair, even with thick hair, you should have a small barrel size curling iron. If not, you are going to have hair, that won’t curl correctly and that might not look the way you wanted it to look.
- The last thing that you should consider, is what type of curling iron you are going to purchase. There are many different curling irons on the market. When you read reviews of some of the best curling irons on the market, you will be able to make a much better decision. This is why it is recommended that you are reading as many reviews as possible, before deciding on the iron that you are going to purchase.
How to use the curling iron correctly
Even if you have the right curling iron for thick hair, you should still make sure that you are going to curl your hair correctly. If you don’t use the right curling iron, you are going to end up with curls that don’t look great, or with damaged hair that is hard to repair again. These are some tips on how you can use the curling iron correctly, especially for thick hair.
- You should prepare your hair correctly before you start using the curling iron. If you don’t prepare your hair correctly, you are going to end up with damaged hair. The hair should be clean and you should have used heat activated hair products.
- Curling your hair, using the short amount of hair at a time. This is the secret. You should make sure that the strand of hair that you are going to use, isn’t too large at a time. The larger the strand, the less beautiful the curls are going to look.
- Finger comb through the hair, once your curls are made. But, you should wait until all the curls have cooled down first. Finger comb is essential if you want to have natural looking curls. You don’t need to ruin your curls, just make sure that it is flowing naturally.
- The secret of using hairspray. If your curls don’t last very long, then this is because you didn’t use any hairspray. Hairspray is going to ensure that your curls are long-lasting. It is important to make sure that you are going to use high-quality hairspray that is really going to be long-lasting.
How can you use the curling iron correctly when you have thick hair?
There are people that are claiming that you can’t actually curl your hair if you have thick hair. However, this isn’t true. There might be some secrets that you need to know, but it is possible to have beautiful curly hair when you have thick hair.
The first thing that you should know, is that you need to purchase a curling iron that is designed for thick hair. This is a big secret. The curling iron is designed for thick hair, but not to damage it as well. Do some research to know which curling irons are going to be best.
Clean hair. Even thick hair should be clean before you can curl your hair. People think that curling filthy or oily hair is going to ensure that the curl stays in for longer. But, this isn’t the truth. If you want to make sure that your hair is curling correctly, you should curl your hair with clean hair.
Have patience. This is something that you need to have if you want to curl your long, thick hair. This takes time. So, if you are in a hurry, then this might not be the best idea to curl your hair before you are going out. You will become frustrated and the curls will not be as beautiful as what you hoped it would be.
Tips to make sure that you don’t damage your hair while using the curling iron
Damaging your hair when you are curling your hair on a regular basis is really a problem for most women. They don’t want to damage their hair, but this is unavoidable. However, there are some things that you can do to limit the amount of damage that you can do to your thick hair when using the curling iron.
- Use high-quality hair shampoo and styling products for heat styled hair.
- Make sure that your hair is completely dry before you start using any curling iron. Even if they are saying that the curling iron is for wet and dry hair.
- Using regular hair treatments to ensure that you repair your damaged hair. This will limit the amount of damage that your hair will be.
- Cutting your hair every three months. It doesn’t need to be cut off completely. Just the pint of the hair where the most damage normally is.
It is possible to curl your hair, using a curling iron, if you have long, thick hair. You just need to know which curling iron to use. And, you should make sure that you are using the right styling products and use the curling iron correctly.
Then, you will also be able to curl your hair at home. All by yourself, and have professional looking curls. It might be harder for women with thick hair to curl their hair, but it isn’t impossible. Especially with the technology and curling irons that we have today.
With this buying guide, you will know for sure that you are going to purchase the right curling iron for your thick hair. And, as a bonus, you will know how to find the right curling iron, and you will have some tips about using the curling iron correctly. It is important to make sure that you are going to purchase the curling iron that is going to be best for your thick hair.