Makeup. A girl’s best friend. Only if you are using the right type of makeup. Makeup starts with the foundation that you need to use first. Because you can choose between a liquid foundation and powder foundation, it can be hard to know which one is going to be the best for you.
With this article, you will know everything there is to know about powder and liquid foundation. You will see the comparison and you will know the pros and cons of each one.
Making it easier to decide which one to use. To ensure that you choose the right one, we are even giving you the recommended products that you should use.
- Powder foundation
- Liquid foundation
- Recommended products to use
There are many women that are choosing the powder foundation. This is because they know how to apply this foundation correctly, without adding too much to their faces.
Choosing the right color is easy and it doesn’t leave a mess. It can last for a long time and can be layered. Something that people are struggling with when it comes to the liquid foundation.
When you are looking at prices, the powder foundation is cheaper than the liquid one. However, there are a couple of things that people don’t like about the powder foundation and why they prefer using the liquid one.
Powder foundation Key Features
If you are looking at the key features of the powder foundation, you will realize that this is why most women are preferring the powder option instead of the liquid foundation. These are the key features of the powder foundation.
Variety of colors
There are a large variety of colors that you can choose from, from the powder foundation. It is also easier to test it to see which color is going to be best for your skin type. Getting one for your skin, won’t be hard at all.
Able to use more than one color to create debt
With powder foundation, you can use more than one color of foundation to create debt. It will never look if you have used too much powder. It will still look natural and you will be able to highlight parts of your face.
How many of you have spilled some of your liquid foundation on your clothes? Getting it out can be a mess. This is the feature that makes powder foundation better. It is less messy and can be cleaned easily when you spill some on your clothes.
Depending on the type and brand powder foundation, it can be long-lasting. It will not disappear after an hour or two like some of the other foundation options. Making it worth paying for.
Pros and cons of Powder foundation
Before you can decide if you should use the powder or liquid foundation, you need to make sure that you know the pros and cons of using the powder one.
Pros about the powder foundation
- The powder foundation is easier to apply than the liquid foundation. It doesn’t leave marks and lines all over your face.
- It is easier to match the powder foundation to your skin color. Meaning that you won’t choose a color that is going to be too dark or too light for your skin color.
- Putting the powder foundation on is really fast. Great for the mornings where you are late for work.
- It is the better option when you have a sensitive skin.
Cons of using powder foundation
- It doesn’t last as long as the liquid foundation. You should remember that it depends on the brand that you are purchasing.
- Letting your powder fall, means that it is going to be in pieces. And, then you won’t be able to use it anymore.
- You need to have the experience to know how to apply it correctly.
If you are looking at statistics, you will see that many women have used the liquid foundation before. But, because this can be difficult to apply evenly, they switch to powder foundation.
This doesn’t mean that you should not just start purchasing the powder foundation. There are many great things about the liquid foundation that you need to know as well.
Liquid foundation Key Features
When it comes to the liquid foundation, there are women that are looking for the key features. This is important to them when they are considering which type of foundation they should use. These are the most important features that you should know about the liquid foundation.
Different formulas and brands to use
There are different formulas and brands that you can use that will be a great fit for your skin. You will not struggle to find a liquid foundation for your oily or even dry skin.
Gives you a smooth finish
If you are applying the liquid foundation correctly, you are going to have a smooth finish. Meaning that you will not have places that don’t have a foundation on, and some places that have too much foundation on.
Able to hide fine lines and wrinkles
The liquid foundation is able to hide fine lines and wrinkles. There is some high-quality liquid foundation that can even be a product to reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Something that powder foundation doesn’t hide but it will make it more visible.
Different shades available
Just like the powder foundation, the liquid foundation has different shades available. Making sure that you will find the right shade for your skin tone.
More: Best Toner for Oily Skin
Pros and cons of liquid foundation
These are the most important pros and cons of using the liquid foundation that you need to know about before deciding on which one to use.
Pros of using the liquid foundation
- With the huge variety of liquid foundation types, names, and brands, you will find the one that is best for your skin.
- It lasts a lot longer than powder foundation and will leave a much smoother finish than the powder. Making your face look more natural.
- When you have a couple of fine lines and wrinkles, the liquid foundation will cover it up a lot better than powder.
Cons of using the liquid foundation
- It can be hard to find the right color for your skin. Just a shade too light or too dark will make the foundation visible.
- The liquid foundation is more expensive than the powder foundation.
Recommended products to use
If you want to make sure that you are purchasing recommended foundation, no matter if this is the powder or liquid foundation, you don’t need to worry anymore. These are the top four recommended foundation products that you can choose from.
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup
For full coverage, the Estee lauder double wear foundation is the product to consider. This is a foundation that is ideal for different skin types and is affordable. The Estee double wear foundation comes in 30ml and will give you the right makeup look for the whole day.
- Great for oily, dry, sensitive and combination skin
- It gives a matte finish
- Fresco color
Clinique Even Better Makeup Broad Spectrum Correct Foundation
If you are in the sun during the day, then this might be the foundation to consider. The Clinique makeup has Spf15 for sun protection. Something that you won’t find in many other liquid foundations. It comes in 30ml and making sure that it evens and correct your foundation.
- This foundation comes in the beige color
- Usable 30ml bottle of liquid foundation
- Ideal for casual wear
- For dry to combination skin and sensitive skin
Elizabeth Arden Pure Finish Mineral Powder Foundation
A powder foundation that has sun protection. This is the Elizabeth Arden pure finish mineral powder foundation. It is made from pure minerals, ensuring that your face stays in great condition. Making this a great option for those that prefer powder foundation.
- 8 different shades with bronzer
- Gives a natural finish
- It is a non-drying powder foundation, great for all skin types
- Has added minerals like Aloe, Mica, sea water minerals and vitamin A, C, E
Youngblood Natural Mineral Loose Foundation
Another recommended powder foundation is the Youngblood Natural mineral Loose foundation. This foundation is made from all-natural ingredients that are ideal for people with sensitive skin. This is a foundation that can be used by all skin colors.
- It provides ultimate coverage control from sheer to full.
- Great for all skin types especially sensitive skin. Won’t block pores in any way
- Using all-natural ingredients. Non-irritating and ideal for sensitive skin
- Long-lasting powder foundation
What is the difference between the powder foundation and the liquid foundation? If you know the difference and you are able to compare them with each other, you will see which one is going to be best for you and your skin type.
There are different types of products that you can purchase, but these top four foundation products are the most recommended ones on the market. You will not make a mistake when you are purchasing any one of these four products.