Every girl dreams of getting luscious and strong hair. When you are using the blow dryers and hair straightener a little often, it can damage your hair.
When you are young, you do not want hair that is brittle and dry. Do you love your hair? If the answer is a resounding YES, then you must invest in a good heat protectant. As a girl, you must know about the best heat protectant products.
They are an essential of your daily hair care routine. This is the type of product that you need in case you use the hair straightener very often!
Once you visit the hair expert, they will advise you to use a heat protectant to prevent any damage to your hair. Today, we are going to tell you about the right heat protectant for natural hair. We have listed the best products for your hair because we care!
- Advantages of Using a Heat Protectant
- Best Heat Protectant for Natural Hair
- 1. HSI PROFESSIONAL Thermal Protector 450
- 2. ORIBE Royal Blowout Heat Styling Spray
- 3. ArtNaturals Thermal Hair Protector Spray
- 4. CHI Silk Infusion in Multiple Sizes and Packs
- 5. TRESemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Protective Spray
- 6. Alterna Bamboo Smooth Anti-Breakage Thermal Protectant Spray
- 7. RUSK Designer Collection Thermal Flat Iron Spray
- 8. Kenra Platinum Hot Spray #20
- Tips to Protect Hair From Heat Damage
- Words from the Wise
Advantages of Using a Heat Protectant
Curling irons, flat irons, and blow dryers cause damage to your hair. Since your hair gets in close touch with heat, you need a heat protectant. It depletes the natural oils of your hair which leads to the dryness that causes damage. Frequent use of blow dryers and flat iron can be harmful to your beautiful hair.
- It helps you nourish your hair. When the hair loses its vital natural oils, you need a product that can replenish. A heat protectant can do that efficiently!
- Protects your hair from damage. The excessive heat can cause damage to your hair.
- Your hair becomes shinier! Once you start applying the product to your hair, you will realize that your hair is getting shinier and stronger!
- The natural moisture in your hair remains intact. The heat protectant adds moisture to the hair.
There are three key benefits of using a heat protectant. Firstly, your hair loses moisture after using flat iron and blow dryer. Moisture loss leads to dull and lifeless hair. Sometimes you get inside the pool which is full of chlorine. The sun does damage to your hair too!
It is best to use a hair protectant. Secondly, the protectant will lubricate your hair and make it look smooth. If your hair is prone to tangling then a heat protectant will be a good idea. A heat protectant helps in decreasing the porosity of your hair.
The key is to choose the right heat protectant. There are several brands in the market but it is important to choose the best one. We have created a list for you that will help you find a good heat protectant for your hair. You will notice the difference yourself once you start using the product.
Check Out: Curling Wand For Short Hair
Best Heat Protectant for Natural Hair
Here is the list of Heat Protectant Spray, We have listed some products and their reviews for you. The reviews are based on real customer ratings and reviews. We have carefully listed the best products for your hair.
1. HSI PROFESSIONAL Thermal Protector 450
The HIS Professional Thermal Protector contains argan oil and it is made for protecting your hair from styling heat image. It offers salon-level protection from the heat. If you want shiny, smooth and healthy hair, this is the best bet. It is absolutely safe for natural hair as well as extensions. It eliminates the frizz in your hair for a silky and shiny look. The good news is that your hair will not feel greasy. There are many products which feel greasy but the HSI Professional thermal protector is a great product which has proven to be helpful for managing hair and protecting it from heat. Women consider it to be the most effective hair protecting spray.
- Hydrates hair as the Argan oil present in the heat protectant will help in nourishing your hair and keeping the moisture intact.
- It is safe for hair extensions and natural hair.
- Your hair will look sleek and shiny after using the product.
- It absorbs quickly and does not create a greasy look.
- It is easy to use!
- It has a very strong smell which may not be pleasant for some women.
2. ORIBE Royal Blowout Heat Styling Spray
The ORIBE Royal Blowout Heat Stylish Spray is tailor-made for smoothening your hair after the blow dry or straightening session. If you have split ends and you are tired of trying endless products to fix it, the ORIBE Royal Blowout Heat Stylish spray will repair those and nourish your hair. All you need to do is spray it on damp hair. Be generous with the spraying because it will provide heat protection. It contains argan oil which helps in brightening, fortifying and softening of hair.
- It provides heat protection.
- Adds softness to your hair
- It contains ceramides and argan oil.
- Speeds up drying time
- Can’t Find any
3. ArtNaturals Thermal Hair Protector Spray
The ArtNaturals Thermal Hair Protector Spray smells great and it does the job. Your hair will feel soft and shiny after blow drying. Use it on damp hair and then blow dry. You will see the difference yourself! The product does not do testing on animals.
- Pleasant fragrance
- Protects your hair from damage
- Adds shine and makes your hair soft
- Great product for most types of hair.
- Detangles your hair
- Some reviewers complained about hair getting sticky after use.
- It may not be great for women having soft hair.
The ArtNaturals Hair Protectant spray is good for your hair and it adds shine. It makes your hair look healthy and strong. Should you give it a try? We think so! There is only one way to find out the efficiency of a product, it is to try it yourself!
4. CHI Silk Infusion in Multiple Sizes and Packs
The CHI Silk Infusion in Multiple Sizes and Packs is a product which reconstructs the damaged hair. It possesses natural proteins which is excellent for your hair. It protects your hair from artificial heat as well as the environment. If you want strong, silky and shiny hair, go for the CHI Silk Infusion in Multiple Sizes and packs.
- It strengthens your hair.
- It provides softness and shine.
- It protects your hair from the damage caused by heat.
- Product is enriched with silk and possesses other essential nutrients which are good for your hair.
- It smells really good.
- It is very easy to use
- It is a lightweight product
- It may burn a hole in your pocket.
- The smell is very strong which may not be pleasant for many women, who are allergic to strong smells.
The CHI Silk Infusion Heat protectant gets a big thumbs up from us because it is a good product and it has received excellent ratings as well. You can apply it easily and it does not contain alcohol. Why don’t you try it for yourself? Most of the customers were satisfied with the product.
5. TRESemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Protective Spray
Every girl wishes to get hair which is shiny and soft. If your dream is to get amazing hair then this will be the product that you should use. TRESemme is a brand which every woman trusts. It holds the shape of your hair and gives a strong look. This is a must-have product for every woman. It has the power to tame your hair and make it look gorgeous.
- Add flexibility to your hair
- Protects your hair from the heat
- The spray smells great
- It manages frizzy hair
- Locks the moisture of your hair
- It is affordable and will fits in most budgets. It will not burn a hole in your pocket!
- Restores shine in your hair and it never looks dull again.
- The smell may be too strong for people, who are sensitive to strong smelling products.
- It may not be great for thin hair. It is great for curly and dry hair. Many women felt that it was not efficient for thin hair.
TRESemme is a brand that you can trust. Most women were happy with the product’s efficiency. You must have this at your home. If you have curly and dry hair, you must use the product and see the difference yourself! You can try it because it is affordable and does the work. Many women were satisfied and they rated it high on different sites.
6. Alterna Bamboo Smooth Anti-Breakage Thermal Protectant Spray
Are you tired of hair breakage? It is best to go for the Alterna Bamboo Smooth Anti-breakage thermal protectant spray. Your tresses need the protection from heat. If you want perfect hair which is smooth and shiny, you must give this product a try. It has been clinically proven that the product gives 87% protection from hair breakage. It contains bamboo extract, water, kendi oil, glycerine and much more.
- Leaves your hair smooth and shiny
- Protects your hair from heat
- Contains organic bamboo extract and kendi oil
- Can’t Find any
If your hair is prone to frizz then you must give this product a try. Since it has been clinically proven to protect your hair from breakage then you must use it.
7. RUSK Designer Collection Thermal Flat Iron Spray
RUSK Designer Collection Thermal Flat Iron Spray should be a part of your daily hair care routine. Most hair types are prone to damage due to hair straightening and blow drying. The product has silicones which condition your hair and protects it. It seals the moisture of the hair and removes frizziness. If you are troubled with frizzy hair, this product will help you. All you need to do is spray it on your hair once it is dry. Use it before you use a flat iron on your hair.
- Protects your hair from excessive heat
- Eliminates frizziness
- Conditions your hair and locks the natural moisture of your hair
- Some reviewers complained that it leaves the hair sticky and messy
You must always read reviews before investing in a product. If you use flat iron too many times then the RUSK Designer collection thermal flat iron spray is great for your hair. Say goodbye to frizziness because the product works like a charm.
8. Kenra Platinum Hot Spray #20
The Kenra Platinum Hot Spray comes in an attractive packaging. Most of the reviewers were satisfied with the efficiency of the product. It provides thermal protection and it firmly holds your hair. You can style it any way that you like! It is made for preventing hair damage and protecting your hair from the harmful UV rays. You will get an excellent shine after using this product.
- Your hair gets a vibrant shine.
- Thermal protection
- Prevents your hair from damage
- Can’t Find any
Many women used this product and they were happy. It works well on thin and lifeless hair as well. It is time to protect your hair from damage and frizziness. Use the Kenra Platinum Hot Spray and you will see the difference with your own eyes.
Tips to Protect Hair From Heat Damage
If it is the first time you are buying a heat protectant, you must use some much-needed buying tips. Once you keep these few tips in mind, you will be able to buy the best product for your hair.
- Check the ingredients used for making the product. If there is an ingredient that your hair is sensitive to, then avoid the product. Do not opt for products that contain ingredients that will not suit your hair. Look for ingredients like olive oil, argan oil and coconut oil because they help in replenishing your hair.
- Always read reviews before buying a product. Customer reviews and product reviews help you to understand whether the product will work for you or not.
- Compare the price and ratings on different sites.
- Do not look at the price before investing in a good heat protectant. If the product is expensive but good then it is a wise investment. If it is cheap and the quality is not up to the mark then you will lose your hard-earned money and your hair shall suffer. Buy the best to use a heat protectant for natural hair blowout to avoid the damage. Most women look at the price tag but if you think about it, you should invest in a good quality product. Your hair is precious and you must take really special care of it. Stop looking at the price as your hair is your asset!
What are the ingredients that you will find in a heat protectant?
Silicone and Dimethicone are the two ingredients that you will find in the best heat protectants. It makes your hair manageable. Most of the women are prone to tangled hair. It is very irksome because you cannot comb your hair effortlessly. Using the heat protectant will make it easy for you to comb and style your hair. The ingredients help in healing the hair from within. It also removes frizziness and treats the split ends. Usually, women think of a hair trim when they get split ends but the right product can be useful for treating split ends.
Also Check: Best Blow Dryer for Natural Hair
How to use the heat protectant on your hair?
You can use the products for protecting your hair. Your hair trusts you to take care of it. It is a must for you to take special care because tangled, damaged and frizzy hair is not a good sign. If you do not do anything now, you will regret it later.
It is important to understand the right way to use the heat protectant. The best way to use the heat protectant is to apply it on damp hair. Most heat protectants contain dimethicone and Cyclomethicone which protects your hair from damage. The ingredients are there and they will work for you but it is important to apply it the right way.
Once you are done with shampooing your hair and conditioning, apply the heat protectant while your hair is still wet. The solution will penetrate into your hair strands and make it look shiny and healthy. Let it absorb in the hair shaft before you start to iron your hair. Most women use the flat-iron and blow dryer which can cause damage to the hair. It is best to use the product before applying any heat. Always read the instructions before applying because different products have different instructions.
How to prevent hair damage?
- Increase the amount of heat protectant that you are using. Use a generous amount for the best results.
- You must oil your hair once in a week. It is good for your hair.
- Follow the instructions on the heat protectant bottle before using. You should read the instructions carefully and then use it.
- Style up your hair which does not need heat. Avoid heat as much as possible.
- Let your hair dry on its own. Try to avoid the blow dryer sometimes! It can cause serious damage to your hair. Air drying is a much better option.
- Use the lowest heat setting on your blow dryer. Of course, the heat protectant will help you but you have to take some precautions as well. It is best to use different ways to avoid damage to your precious hair.
- Use the curling hot iron sparingly. If you use these tools less on your hair, it will be fruitful for you.
Words from the Wise
Was this article helpful for you? As we come to the end, we would like to suggest you do extensive research before investing in a good product. There is hundreds of heat protectant in the market but not all of them provide the special care. We have listed the products by carefully looking at the reviews and ratings.
A product should be versatile and it should help you with managing frizz and detangling your hair as well. If you are looking for the hair protectant, then you can skim through the product list that we have mentioned above. You will not be disappointed because all the products have received excellent feedback.
You can read reviews and check ratings of the product on the site. It is a reliable site and it gives you a clear picture of how the product looks and whether it is popular or not. What are you waiting for? Choose the best product for your hair from the above-mentioned list and see the difference. We care for your hair and so should YOU!