Sensitive skin is one of those which require utmost care and attention. Since the nerve endings of the sensitive skin are highly responsive to external stimuli, they easily get irritated.
This leads to the development of acnes, pimples, and pigmentations more frequently as compared to other skin types. Sensitive skin has the tendency to go red and itchy when coming in contact with certain environmental factors. therefore sometimes the skin even break out and cause a lot of irritation.
If after exposure to the sun or air pollution your skin goes red and patchy then there is a possibility of your skin to be sensitive. No matter how hard you hide from environmental factors once the skin came under the influence of some external stimuli you would end up having an irritated skin.
Therefore it becomes really important that you start taking care of your skin extraordinarily. You not only need to work on the handling of the skin properly but also take a heed to some of the skin products made especially for sensitive skin.
- Best Body Wash for Sensitive Skin
- 1. Puracy Natural Body Wash
- 2. Mustela Gentle Cleansing Body Gel
- 3. Sebamed Face and Body Wash for Sensitive Skin
- 4. Dr. Bronner’s Pure-Castile Liquid Soap
- 5. AVEENO Active Naturals Skin Relief Body Wash
- 6. Dove Body Wash
- 7. Kiss My Face Fragrance Free Moisturizing Shower Gel
- 8. NIVEA Men Sensitive 3-in-1 Body Wash
- 9. Olay Ultra Moisture Sensitive Body Wash
- Body Wash Buying guide
- Tips for those with sensitive skin
Best Body Wash for Sensitive Skin
There is a range of skincare regimen products which are made only for the proper functioning of the sensitive skin. From body washes to moisturizers and lotions the market is flooded with every kind of skin care product for sensitive skin. But are they all reliable enough to take chance on your sensitive skin?
Let’s take an insight to some of the best body washes made only to improvise the texture and composition of sensitive skin.
1. Puracy Natural Body Wash
The body wash from Puracy is one of those that have managed to grab the attention of people having sensitive skin. While sensitive skin requires extra care Puracy natural body wash guarantees in endowing it to the user. Being sulfate free it is the best for sensitive skin types. It has made us of only natural and innate ingredients due to which is cause zero side effect to the skin. Encompassing citrus and sea salt it ensures that 100 % cleaning results would be obtained. The base of the body was is coconut which has a natural cleansing property thereby making the skin properly hydrated and deeply cleaned as well.
- It comprises the blend of cleansers, emollients, and essential oils which help in cleaning the skin to the core.
- It leaves the skin hydrated and supple so that the chances of sensitive skin to get irritated lessen.
- It is completely made up of natural ingredients and no chemicals, sulfates, dyes, petroleum-based ingredients, animal by-products or perfumes have been used.
- It comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee of being non-toxic and hypoallergenic.
- Sea salt and citrus present in it balance the skin and make it blemish free.
- Although the product is made especially for sensitive skin, still it requires a patch test as some people have faced allergies due to it.
- Some people have faced a dry skin after using the product.
2. Mustela Gentle Cleansing Body Gel
Another in the row is Mustela and its amazing sensitive skin body wash. It is specially made for babies who are born with highly sensitive skin and are prone to allergies and irritations the most. Babies’ skin is very susceptible even to minor allergic agents, therefore, they need something really exclusive and equally effective. This product is fortified with Vitamin B5 which helps in hydrating the skin and making it supple could be trusted for the results. It is manufactured with biodegradable formula and is enriched with natural oils. Since 90 % of the ingredients used in its production are natural, it protects the skin from every possible allergy or irritation.
- The vital ingredient in the product is Avocado Perseose which is a patented natural ingredient. It creates a buffer for all the allergic and reaction causing agents from the skin.
- It is completely free from Paraben, Phthalate and Phenoxyethanol and thereby ensures that there would be no side effects.
- It is tested and manufactured under pediatric and dermatological control to make sure it is well versed with the skin requirement of the infant and babies.
- It enhances the hydration level and retains the cellular richness of the skin to make it supple.
- It fulfills every cosmetic safety standards.
- Since it is used for babies a patch test is recommended.
- It smells strong which sometimes might irritate the baby.
3. Sebamed Face and Body Wash for Sensitive Skin
When it comes to Sebamed one can’t doubt the authenticity and reliability of its products. Matching with the pace is the Face and Body Wash from this brand which is specially made for the people with sensitive skin. It’s a well-known fact that all the products which Sebamed make for the users are soap free and thereby best for all types of skin. Working since a long time and branching in around 85 countries it has become one of the most preferred brands by the dermatologists. They recommend it to the patients with sensitive skin.
- This body wash from Sebamed is completely free from soap and alkali. This ensures that there would be zero dryness or patchiness with its use.
- It has an influential cleansing property which helps in cleaning even the deep pores of the skin.
- Being hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic it ensures that is totally safe and secure to be used on the sensitive skin.
- The pH of the product is equivalent to that of the skin that is 5.6 thereby won’t affect it in a negative way.
- The product is dermatologically tested and approved to be used for all skin types and especially for the skin with sensitive nerve endings.
- It moisturizes the skin for whole 2 hours.
- This product is not capable to cure skin trouble like eczema in infants.
- It makes use of more chemicals and less natural ingredients and therefore is not completely natural one.
4. Dr. Bronner’s Pure-Castile Liquid Soap
The liquid soap from Dr. Bronners has attained a lot of attention of people with sensitive skin in the recent past due to its special formulation and effective results. It is one of those smooth and luxurious soaps which didn’t make use of synthetic materials like detergents or preservatives for manufacturing. It utilizes only natural ingredients and therefore something worth a purchase. It is not just certified organic by the USDA National Organic Program but also vegan by Vegan Action. Coming in plastic bottles which can be recycled due to the presence of 100% post consumer recycled (PCR) plastic; this is something which can be splurged upon.
- It is scented with one of the most popular scents of the time, peppermint. This makes the experience with this body wash really refreshing and rejuvenating.
- The peppermint oil keeps the skin cool and even helps in clearing the sinuses. Peppermint is also believed to help sharpen the mind.
- It imparts suppleness and moisturizing feel to the whole body without any irritation or itchiness.
- The product is three times more concentrated than the potential competitors which are also biodegradable and versatile in functionality.
- This soap is very gentle for every skin types and leaves the skin well hydrated for longer periods of time, which makes it a good body soap for sensitive skin.
- Some people have found this liquid soap as a drying agent.
- Since the peppermint smell is not that strong sometimes the sweaty smell after the body wash didn’t fade completely.
5. AVEENO Active Naturals Skin Relief Body Wash
When it’s about Aveeno, there are no reasons to doubt its reliability as it has worked really hard to prove its worth among the users in the market. Being hypoallergenic the Active Naturals Skin Relief Body Wash from Aveeno is one of those which leave the sensitive skin supple and well hydrated to keep it moisturized throughout the day and that’s why its the best unscented body wash. Being completely free from soap and dyes there are minimum chances of getting any side effect due to it. Since oatmeal is the major ingredient used in this body wash, it endows a soothing effect making the skin look fresh and unsullied. Skin looks healthy and blemishes free after a consistent use of AVEENO Active Naturals Skin Relief Body Wash.
- It is a moisturizing body wash which gently cleans these sensitive skin making it less prone to irritations, itchiness, and redness.
- Oatmeal is the major ingredient which is considered as one of the best natural product for making the skin healthy.
- It is completely free from dye, soap, and alkali and thereby zero chances of getting a dry skin due to it.
- It is free from irritating scents and fragrances.
- It is made under the supervision of skin specialists and therefore it is dermatologist recommended
- Some people find it irritating on sensitive parts of the face and therefore it requires a patch test before use.
6. Dove Body Wash
Dove is a well renowned brand when it comes to skin care products. The skin care regimen from Dove has made a remarkable place in the market due to the authenticity and high quality of ingredients used in the manufacturing. While sensitive skin responds very fast to chemicals and dyes the minimal use of such irritants in Dove body wash has made it very less. This is the reason why it has become one of the trusted brands among the people with sensitive skin. It not only makes the skin well hydrated and supple but also leaves it moisturized for the whole day. it minimizes the dryness of skin and thus could be considered as the best for people with sensitive skin type.
- It is completely soap-free ensuring least chances of getting irritation while washing.
- Being hypoallergenic there are minimal chances of getting itching, patchiness or redness which is common with normal soaps and body washes.
- Since it is based on Nutrium Moisture technology, it helps in endowing the natural nutrients to the skin.
- It is one of the Dermatologist Recommended brands and therefore worth to splurge upon.
- This body wash is so refreshing and rejuvenating that it didn’t allow the skin to become dry and keep it well hydrated all around the day.
- Although highly effective for sensitive skin, some of the ingredients of the product have seen causing irritation to people with highly sensitive skin.
- The fragrance of the body wash is very high which sometimes cause irritation.
- The viscosity of the body wash is very thick almost similar to that of lotions.
7. Kiss My Face Fragrance Free Moisturizing Shower Gel
This is yet another wonderful product for the people with sensitive skin. Kiss My Face has brought some of the best skin care products and this is one of them. It is a shower gel which can be used while bathing or taking a shower. It cleanses the skin and gently washes every part without making it dry or patchy. Since some of the best ingredients like olive oil, Aloe-Vera and Vitamin E are used in its manufacturing it is worth every penny. Leaving the skin refreshed soft and supple the Kiss My Face is one of the best natural body wash, which makes you feel rejuvenated for whole 24 hours of the day.
- This product imparts a rich lather which helps in cleansing even the deep pores of the skin with perfection.
- It moisturizes the skin with the aromatherapeutic formula giving a healthy nutrient supply to the sensitive skin.
- The formula used in its manufacturing is free from parabens and all sorts of dyes and irritants.
- It is free from phthalate, gluten, SLS and other ingredients which are considered as the major culprits to cause irritation and itching in the sensitive skin.
- Dermatologically tested the Kiss My Face body wash is vegan and cruelty free certified and worth to splurge upon.
- The use of plant based ingredients makes it appealing.
- The presence of sodium coco sulfate sometimes causes irritation and therefore the need of a patch test is recommended before using.
8. NIVEA Men Sensitive 3-in-1 Body Wash
It is generally a misconception that sensitive skin is more prominent in women than men. But the truth is men face the problem of sensitive skin more. Therefore the need of a body wash which is custom designed for the sensitive skin of men is fulfilled by Nivea. The extra perk of using the NIVEA Men Sensitive 3-in-1 Body Wash is one can make use of it while taking the shower while washing the hairs and even while washing the face. The bamboo extracts present in the product gives a soothing effect and make the skin well hydrated and moisturized for the whole day. It cleanses the skin perfectly without making it dry or patchy.
- The product is so soothing that it not lonely lathers well but also gets rinsed to make the skin perfectly moisturized.
- It didn’t make use of alcohol which is considered as the major drying factor in most of the body washes and soap and therefore best to use for the sensitive skin.
- Apart from being free from alcohol, it is soap free and dye free as well.
- It is custom made for the hard skin of men which has sensitive nerve ending making it red, dry, itchy and irritating in the exposure of sun or air pollution.
- Most of the ingredients used in the manufacturing are plant based and have the cleansing properties.
- Some people face dryness after taking a bath from this product although it proves great for washing hairs.
- It requires a patch test before using.
9. Olay Ultra Moisture Sensitive Body Wash
Olay has brought some of the great products for the users and the ultra moisture sensitive body wash is one of them. Since the ingredients used in the manufacturing of the product are of high quality and best for the sensitive skin one can rely on it for getting amazing results. While some of the soaps and body wash comprise hard chemicals and dyes the Olay Ultra Moisture Sensitive Body Wash is exceptionally well. It is made under the guidance of skin specialists and therefore tested and certified by dermatologists. It gently cleanses every part of the body without letting the skin go dry or patchy.
- It makes the skin highly hydrated so that it remains supple and moisturized throughout the day.
- It nourishes the skin with plant based ingredients making it clean and healthy at the same time.
- This body wash is mild to use and perfect for sensitive skin type. Penetrating into the deep pores of the skin it makes it blemish free as well.
- It cleans the skin without making it dry or parched giving the person utmost satisfaction with its use.
- It comprises some of the chemicals which are found to be allergic to people with extremely sensitive skin. Although it works well with mild sensitive skin types.
- A patch test is a must before buying it.
Body Wash Buying guide
People generally get confused between different skin types. While dry or oily skins are often get perplexed with sensitive skin, only those which show irritation when subjected to external factors are the sensitive ones. If you are having a sensitive skin then its time not to blame your genes but to act smart and choose those products which are custom made for you. Take care of these points before splurging upon any skin care product for yourself:
- Look for those products which utilize fewer chemicals and artificial scents or color enhancers as they could create a mess over the skin.
- Go only for those skin care products which are made up of natural ingredients.
- You could ask the seller to perform a little patch test on your skin to rule out any possibility of having an allergic reaction with the product.
- Always look out the hydration and oiling ingredient in the product. The more it is able to hydrate or moisturize, the more your skin would go supple and you would feel soothing effect.
Tips for those with sensitive skin
No matter how worthy and expensive skin care product you have for your sensitive skin until you don’t take extra care of it you might end up getting an irritating one more frequently. Therefore always take care of the points below to retain its suppleness and grace.
- Try to get exposed to sun or air pollutant as less as possible.
- Prefer using soft and luke-warm water while cleaning your skin.
- Do not take too much stress as it could result in irritated skin.
- Take a sound sleep of around 7 to 8 hours. A happy sleep relates to a healthy skin.
- Keep your skin hydrated. Drink a lot of water and natural juices to keep it supple and healthy.
- While using any skin care product go with fewer amounts. Too much of any product might cause allergy to a sensitive skin.
- Always wash your skin wisely and make sure the body wash, soap or shampoo has left the skin completely.
- Keep extra care during monsoon and changing weather. These times are more prone to allergies for the sensitive skin.
Once you have known your skin type you need to immediately start working on it in order to make it look more appealing and alluring. The sensitive skin requires maximum care otherwise you might end up with the skin with lots of acnes, pigmentations and a frequent itching. Therefore get some of the above-mentioned products and flaunt yourself to the world without the fear of ending up with irritating skin.